Become An Inspiring Speaker

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Excuse Me Rango...Are You Ready to Take the Lead?

Every exciting story has a hero or a heroine that conquers some sort of conflict which leads to an important self-discovery. This past weekend, my family and I went out for a family movie night with popcorn, pop, and friends. It is something we have not done in a long time and it was long overdue. We went to see the movie "Rango" featuring Johnny Depp as the lead character. In a traditional Johnny Depp style, he played a smooth swaggering gentleman or I should say lizard who questions his purpose in life. "Who am I?" is a question stated through the movie. He practices taking on several roles and personas until he finds the best one.

You can be so many things! The world truly is your stage. You have so many dreams, goals, and stories to share with the world. Yet deep down, sometimes there's a part of you that may say, "What do I know?" or "Can I truly do that?" Absolutely you can. Whether you realize it or not, you are the heroine or the hero that people look up to in your story. Your purpose is a piece of the puzzle in so many other people lives as well as your own. Children, spouses, friends, and colleagues depend on you to carry out your role of being you. You may not always understand or believe in your significance to others but you need to know you are significant. You are a hero or heroine. If you try to walk out of your story, the story ends. Ultimately, the story becomes a tragedy because so many people are waiting for you to take the stage and live the life you were meant to live and play a part in their story.


One of the greatest lessons and reminders the movie "Rango" gave me was: You cannot walk out on your story and no one else can change the plot of your story. What would you like your story to be like? Write down your storyline. Ask yourself the following questions:

· What type of lifestyle would I like to live?
· Who are the other characters I would like to have in my life?
· What defining characteristics do I have that allow me to play the lead?
· What is my purpose?
· How can I discover it?
· How can I share it?
· What is the message that I wish to remembered for?

As the actor or actress, "act as if you already are" in the role and soon enough you will realize that you are. Walk the walk. Talk the talk. Don't walk away from the door of opportunity for that is where your story begins. Are you ready to take the lead on stage? The people are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment