Become An Inspiring Speaker

Monday, February 21, 2011

You Spin Me Round Baby

Some of my best moments of inspiration come to me while I am running on the track at the gym, driving my car, or cooking a meal. As I was running the other day, the 80's song "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" by Dead or Alive played overhead. My legs kept their stride with the music and my thoughts drifted away to "Dead or Alive". Dead or alive is a choice. There are people out in the world who may feel that they have hit a dead end, feel dead inside, and are not consciously living the lives they could be. Then you have the people who feel alive inside and you love to be around them. What is the biggest difference? The answer is simple. They take action. Yes, that is it. Their actions include: making the choice to be happy, making the choice to go after their dreams, and making the choice to make a difference.  Action is a choice.

There are times when I do not feel like going to the gym or ideas do not seem to be flowing when I want to write, however, I have learned that after I have hit the third lap on the track I can run and run. My blood is flowing and I feel great. Why wouldn't I want to feel this good all the time? Same goes for my writing. Even if I sit in front of a blank piece of paper and just start writing whatever comes to my mind, eventually the ideas flow onto the paper. We all need to "step into it". Once you get started, your mindset is transformed into an unstoppable force and ideas come quickly and easily. Make sure you have some paper or index cards nearby to capture these moments. You need to them while they are fresh or you will lose them.

Your mind and body were meant to be in motion. What gets your blood flowing? Where do you get your best ideas? Is there a song out there that gets you pumped up and ready to take action? What choice will you make today?

Enjoy..."You Spin Me  Round" Hit it ...Boy hairstyles have changed.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great post, Debra!
    So True!
    Love how you give both the fabulous reminder and some practical tips too!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete