Become An Inspiring Speaker

Monday, May 16, 2011

Are You a Lovecat?

My  friend, John, called me up recently and said, "Deb, I have a book you need to read. Buy it and if you do not like it, I will buy it back from you for double the price you paid for it." Now if that doesn't leave an impression. I can have three to four books on my bedside table at any one time. When I first learned of it, I was leaving on vacation and was hoping to pick the book up in the airport. But I could not find it. When I got home, I requested it from my local library and I eagerly got started. The book is called "Love is a Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends" by Tim Sanders.

Sanders' book is built on three principles: knowledge, network, and compassion. The knowledge and experiences that you have, can have greater benefit to you when shared with others. What good is the knowledge if it can not be shared . What is even better? When you share what you know about a subject, the better you know the material and can integrate the content into your practice. You bring more value to others in helping them succeed. Tim Sanders says, "Everyone in our address book is a potential partner for every person we meet." If you could leverage who you know and connect people with who you think they need to know, you can also increase your network as people will also think of people you should know.

Compassion is the key that brings it all together. It is the experience you give the people who are in your network. This is what attracts people to you. Show people you care and you have a genuine interest in their success. This is how you move from what Sanders calls the service economy to a experience economy. Give people value and show compassion - let them experience YOU! People will be committed to helping you succeed as well. You will want to get your hands on this book.

I love helping people like YOU succeed in reaching their goals!

Did I gain valuable knowledge from this book? Heck, yes! I have 13 pages of notes! It is important to take notes and absorb what you learn and put the greatest tidbits into action. I also have a reference to great content so I can practice being a love cat in a biz world! Without practice, the knowledge learned is just words!

Now let's put it into practice! Let me here you purr or should I say ROAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment