Become An Inspiring Speaker

Friday, April 15, 2011

Surfin' Your Soul Sister

I will admit I am still a bit emotional after watching "Soul Surfer" tonight with my daughter and friends. It was an incredibly intense and moving true story about a young woman who lost her arm due to shark attack while surfing with friends. It is hard to understand why "bad things happen" and sometimes even harder at the time to see what good will come out of our journeys. When we are right in the thick of it, it is hard to see past where we currently are. How easy it is to become discouraged.

This incredible woman, Bethany Hamilton, fell off her surfboard  time and time again, only to get up again. She competed and was defeated. She even quit for a short time but surfing was in her blood. It was her passion. Even though, it was an actress, you could see the intensity in her eyes and her face filled with passion. There was nothing that was greater than what she felt when she was on that board. Waiting for the next wave to ride to the finish.

I feel like that when I speak in front of groups and write about being rich from the inside out and living life with passion and purpose. I know in my heart if I have impacted one person, I have made a difference. There is no greater feeling.

The "Soul Surfer" went on to become a professional surfer. Her message is so profound. Always give thanks and trust the reason you are following your purpose. It is the burning desire to feel fulfilled by doing what you love. When the right wave comes along, you will know in your heart this will be the one.

What are the moments you live for? The moments when you feel like you are surfin' your soul!

Believe in your greatness, for you have great strength to ride your next wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment