Become An Inspiring Speaker

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mind Shifting Gears

I just returned from the eWomen Network Conference in Dallas, TX where I won the Spotlight on Stage for One Minute. Let me tell you this was an incredible experience. I will never be the same again.

There were many incredible speakers and business owners that I had the opportunity to meet. Each one was full spirit and intention to get the most out of their experience. I have several pages of notes with stars and notes saying "You need to do this". That way, I will not forget what ah-ha moments; I had during the presentation, perhaps you do the same.

The 10 highlights from a few of the speakers included:
  1. Zig Ziglar - inspired us all. WOW!
  2. Lisa Nichols - "The world is more interested in who you are becoming."
  3. Marcia Wieder - "Dreaming without taking action is a fantasy."
  4. Barbara Niven -"Trust that you know your stuff."
  5. Lisa Johnson Mandell - NEVER say "We are thrilled to announce.." in a press release.
  6. Tony Hsieh -Your happiness will not last if you sole purpose is profit.
  7. Connie Podesta -"You will never have the least competition that you have today."
  8. Mari Smith - "Biggest Financial Disaster - Do not measure your worth in dollars."
  9. Peggy McColl - "Think like your customer."
  10. Lisa Clemons - "Do not allow anyone or anything negative live rent free in your mind!"
These are few of the statements that stuck out in my mind from their talks. Powerful content...transforming content to apply. My mind has shifted gears and I want to connect and follow-up to be the change I want to see in the world. Many people go to conferences and seminars and do not follow up with their contacts. This should be a no "brainer". This is a prime opportunity for businesses to grow and discover joint venture opportunities.

With the opportunities and speeches, I realized once again that I need to be aiming higher. Higher than ever before in order to achieve bigger. I started view ing the world and thinking differently about the opportunities available. What are you doing to achieve bigger and shine? Are you taking actions and meeting your opportunities?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post... and what did Debra say when she was on stage... that is worth repeating here too... all the best my friend... you shone

    I talked with Connie Podesta in Orlando and asked her how you did? Her response..."Oh, The Millionaire Woman! She did great!"

    ReplyDelete